Re: copy_to_pilot and record id

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Vadim Strizhevsky wrote:

> After doing #1 once, you just want to synchronize, howerver you'll get
> duplicates. Why? Because #1 didn't set ID on local records. Should it?

Dude, it most definitely should. Will fix.

> I think so. This could also be the case in other situations. In
> fact I think all cases when you transmit or add a local record to the
> pilot the local record needs to be updated to have the new record ID,
> and I don't think this is done currently.

Hm, you're right. Someplaces it is set, some are not, looks like its
inconsistent. (eg. standard_abs_merge_to_remote does it). I'll check into
it.

There is some odd stuff in the way a pilot works, reg. adding/updating a
record and setting its various flags. Eg. check the recordIdsToIgnore
slist in gnome-pilot-conduit-standard-abs.

/dev/eskil