Re: Building from CVS ...

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 06:08:09PM +0100, Eskil Heyn Olsen wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Seth wrote:
>
> > 	Okay, I'm probably missing something real bloody obvious, I'm just
> > not familiar enough with the autogen stuff to know where to start looking
> > for my brain damage, so I'll ask the question ...
>
> Eh, have you installed the rest of gnome and automake ?

	I'm running sawmill with a panel and other fun gnome apps now.
I've done gnome coding on this machine, which is why this is bizzare.

> Try a "automake --version". That error looks like aclocal didn't find the

[seth@they] automake --version
~
automake (GNU automake) 1.4

PURPOSE.

Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>

> AM_* methods, in which case most of the configure script consists of the
> AM_* calls, which then ofcourse are undefined.

	Right.

> You should be able to do :
> [deity@quad gnome-pilot]$ aclocal -I macros/

	Hmm, this gives

[seth@they] aclocal -I macros/
~/PROJECTS/gnome-pilot/gnome-pilot
aclocal: configure.in: 32: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 32: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 52: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library

> [deity@quad gnome-pilot]$ automake
> [deity@quad gnome-pilot]$ autoconf
> [deity@quad gnome-pilot]$
>
> If any of these fail, check your aclocal/auto* installation.

	Okay, I found the problem.  The issue is that aclocal was only
looking in /usr/share/aclocal, and not /usr/local/share/aclocal.

	So my lack of automake / autoconf knowledge being painfully
obvious, is this a bug in my configuration (and if so, how do I tell the
system to look in the right places more generally) or is a bug in the
autogen.sh script?

	Anyways, it is compiling now.

Thanks for the help,
 Seth
--
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion"

PGP signature