Re: License problem with Re: AvantGo

Eskil Heyn Olsen <deity@dbc.dk> writes:

> So it would be the number 3 issue that would be a problem, that linking
> MPL'ed code into a GPL'ed would violate the GPL. So basically we would not
> violate MAL's MPL, but gnome-pilots GPL. And we would have to link with
> gnome-pilot to make it a gnome-conduit (seems any sort of linking is
> prohibited).

Two ways you can go.  Include a special exception in the license to
allow linking with MAL, or switch the gnome-conduit stuff to LGPL.  It
makes sense: there are non-free pilot-sync apps, so even RMS's
guidelines would allow the LGPL.  And this is going to cause problems
if 3rd parties ever get into making conduits for their own apps.

On the eighth day, God created FORTRAN.