avantgo

here is the letter that I received from AvantGo this summer.

Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 16:38:13 -0700
From: Daniel Pifko <dpifko@avantgo.com>
To: deity@eskil.dk
Subject: gnome-pilot and AvantGo

Hi there,

I work for AvantGo, producer of a web access service for handhelds.

You may have heard by now that AvantGo has released its version 3.0
product, AvantGo.com (see http://www.avantgo.com/frontdoor for details).
We have come out the door with support all Palm devices, with a conduit
for the Windows version of HotSync.

Without going into the technical details, the HotSync conduit just relays
information between the Palm and our server, with little data processing
in the middle.  Furthermore, we have released the source code for this
relay conduit as part of our Mobile Application Link initiative.

We're a bunch of *nix geeks here ourselves, and we would love to support
AvantGo users connecting through *nix desktops, but are unable to apply
the resources right now.  Given that we have the source code out on our
web site, and your interested parties both want this stuff (we're seeing
about 10 requests per day) and have the ability to port it, would you be
willing to include the Mobile Application Link client in the GNOME-pilot
project?

Much appreciated,

Daniel

Daniel Pifko
Product Manager
AvantGo, Inc.
email:  dpifko@avantgo.com
phone:  650-638-3726

A bee in the middle and a house to the right

/dev/eskil