panel applet and gpilotd-fileman

What's the story with gpilotd-fileman and panel applet? Is
gpilotd-fileman deprecated? I never actually noticed it before today
when I was playing with panel_applet (and very cool drag-n-drop of
files to it :-) and was getting anoyed with constant coredump when I
click on the applet. I traced it down to it trying to fork off the
gpilotd-fileman which was never installed. I also looked at
gpilotd-fileman and I can't figure out what it is? Can you shed some
light on this and future direction of these 2 things?

-Vadim