Re: GNOME and IrDA beaming (fwd)

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Eskil Heyn Olsen wrote:

> > You should talk to Eskil though (deity@dbc.dk), he has been working on
> Yes, I'll do that and I'm sending him a Cc, so he knows a little more about
> what I'm doing.

And thanks for the info. The project sounds interesting, and IrDA support
for gnome-pilot has been spoken of, but none of the active hackers have
time/experience in that area.

But yes, for laptops, it would be a valuable feature, and when you begin
doing anything, pleas let us know (there is a gnome-pilot list at
gnome.org), so we can help/be taught in any fashion.

Reg. gnome-pilot being pilot specific ; correct, it began as the panel
applet, and did since evolve into a more flexible daemon. I do however
think, that support for other pda's could occur at some time. gnome-pilot
itself does little direct interaction with the pilot (but does some, so it
is not a pda independant), but uses the pilot-link package at the lowest
layer.

eskil