Re: pilot-link-version

Erik Bagfors wrote:

> Does it have to be written in c?

Sort of.  Last I checked, which was some time ago, so perhaps Eskil can correct
me if I am wrong, gpilod uses gmodule to load .so files as conduits.  Now, this
doesn't mean that you can't wrap a perl script with a C wrapper.  You should be
able to simply write a C wrapper that calls the appropriate perl functions.
Same goes for python.  gpilotd just expects people to use just follow a simple
API.  Perhaps, gpilotd should use CORBA to communicate with its conduits in the
future.  This would easily allow conduits in any language with ORBit bindings.
There are some name service issues here since gpilotd should be able to work
without a display.  Again, I am not certain of this, but I don't think gnorba
currently supports this.

> I have a perl-code that works pretty good (ie I use it) to sync to any
> vcal-file directly.  Could we embed that into gnome-pilot until someone
> creates one that uses c, corba and all the other nice gnome-stuff? :)

If you are willing to write the small, I hope :), C wrapper I don't see why we
shouldn't have it for now.

> We also need untimed events in gnomecal.  I have parts of that done but
> I don't have enought time right now.
>
> /Erik

I can sympathize.  Grad school has left me with little free time. Things are
getting better now that I have taken my generals so I hope to hack more code
this summer.

--
Manish Vachharajani           Some Haiku: A crash reduces
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>               your expensive computer