Linux/Palm Development tools

Hi, this list is quiet, but I think people are listening. :)
I'm starting to write a gradebook for my Palm IIIx, and an
accompanying grading program for Gnome.  I've got some questions,
though.

I've got pilot-link set up.  I've been trying to rustle up a
cross compiler, and prc-tools 0.50 seems to be what people are
using.  Is this still the case?  Are any of the Palm patches
incorporated into the newer Gnu utilities?

Also, are there any GPL software repositories for the Palm?
I've been sifting through the Palm software sites, but good
source code seems rare.

Thanks,
John