Buying my first 3Com/PalmPilot device... ;)

Hello everyone... Sorry if this is the second time you read this sort of
message from me, but I'm not sure if the first one got through(I wasn't
completely subscribed, and I don't know if gnome-pilot-list@gnome.org
filters out email from external email addresses). Anyways, I'm going to buy
a Pilot now. I've waited quite a while, just so that there is a good
software base with which to work. When they first came out, they really
wern't much more useful to me than a regular electronic organizer -
something I can pick up for $15 bucks at the local radio shack ;) Anyways,
I'm a student, and a poor one at that, so I want the Palm IIIe. It's
$200(CDN) less than the IIIx, and I'm getting it for an extra 50 bucks off,
so I really want it. However, if there are any show-stopping caveats that I
should know of, feel free to speak now :)

Dave

P.S.: Thank to everyone who developed gnome-pilot and applications like it.
When I first went out to look at the models available, I actually(horror!)
thought I would have to re-install windows on my box :)