Re: GnomeCal conduit errors

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Ken Scott wrote:

> start the sync, but there is an immediate error from pilot-xfer and it
> stops. I have to soft-reset my Pilot and then all is fine.

What sort of error ?

> I also had strange goings-on when I was doing the Get From Pilot and Send
> To Pilot buttons. Quite often, the IDs would change, and the User Name
> would come back as garbage. I cleared out all of my gnome-pilot directory
> in the .gnome directory to see if it would help, but I was getting the
> same results.

Eh, thats also a new one. If you keep getting strange gnome-pilot *and*
pilot-xfer error, you might want to recompile with -DDEBUG and see if that
says anything usefull (warning, great amounts of output ahead)

> I also tried this with `where gpilotd-control-applet` to see if it made
> #5  0x804ce61 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffcc4) at
> gpilotd-control-applet.c:892

This is gpilotd-capplet not being able to initialize the gnomecc stuff.
Thats a whole different matter.

The core dump file I want must be somewhere else. Can you reproduce it ?

> FrankenPilot?? I wouldn't go *quite* that far :)

Just remember an old picture of a Japanese guys P5000. He had installed 8
Mb ram and backlight. Used ducttape to hold it together. Since then, all
modified pilots are FrankenPilots in my book.

/dev/eskil must... control... giggle...