ANNOUNCEMENT: gnome-pilot-0.1.46

GnomePilot 0.1.46

     * Availability
          + Development code available from the Gnome CVS server, this
            release has tag GNOME_PILOT_0_1_46.
          + Also available from http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/download
            in .tar.gz, i386.rpm and .srpm form.
               o http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/download/gnome-pilot-0.
                 1.46.tar.gz
               o http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/download/gnome-pilot-0.
                 1.46-1.src.rpm
               o http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/download/gnome-pilot-0.
                 1.46-1.i386.rpm
               o http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/download/gnome-pilot-de
                 vel-0.1.46-1.i386.rpm

     * New since last release
          + Primarily bugfixes
          + Perhaps a fix for the timeout problem
          + Pops up warning dialogs

     * Stability
       I still wish to point out, that parts of the synchronization code
       is untested, since there still are no completely finished
       conduits. However, the logic required by the existing conduits
       (eg. the GnomeCalendar conduit) checks out ok.

     * Additional notes
       For the MemoFile conduit, please delete the local storage before
       using this new vesion.

     * Bug reporting
       I am especially interested in bug reports reg. getting the package
       up and running on a vanilla installation. This includes both bugs,
       and suggestions for making installation easier.
       If you encounter problems, please use bugs.gnome.org for bug
       reporting, and remember to include the following (if possible);
          + Output from gpilotd. Eg. if you have problems with a
            control-center applet, first do a killall -9 gpilotd, then
            run gnomecc from a terminal, and capture all the output.
          + Stack traces, after gpilotd coredumps, do a echo where | gdb
            `which gpilotd` core, grab the output and include in your bug
            report, this makes it so much easier for me to find the
            error.
          + Even better, use bug-buddy to report bugs after a coredump.

/dev/eskil