Re: A unified synchronization architecture?

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Seth M. Landsman wrote:

> 	So here's my thought.  I just got a really nifty new cell phone,
> the Qualcomm 860 thin phone, which has three neat features, it does

Isn't that the phone based on a pilot ?

> 	Well, I'd write this (as soon as I manage to figure out the
> protocol) but why repeat code?  Could gnome-pilot be taken apart to the
> level where there is a seperate "device" layer?  i.e., use the same basic
> architecture to synchronize with the phone, the pilot, a wince machine,
> etc?

Theoritically yes. All the lowlevel device communication is handled be
pilot-link. So if you wrote a version of pilot link that talked to your
phone, it should be possible.

I'd suggest looking at the pilot-link source, and grepping the gnome-pilot
code (mostly in gnome-pilot/gpilotd/) for pi_* and dlp_* calls.

/dev/eskil