Re: Building gnome-pilot

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Manish Vachharajani wrote:

> Where is MergeToRemote and MergeFromRemote supposed to be defined in the
> memo conduit?  I haven't had a chance to look closely at this yet but I

I'm still not sure, but suspect that I forgot to commit a pilot-link with
MergeFromRemote, but thats done now. Rebuild pilot-link, and they should
be there.

> Also, Eskil, what are your plans for adding the CORBA support to gpilotd?
> Should I try to add support for global gpilotd this weekend if I get a

I plan to try and implement request_file_install and request_restore. I am
still pondering on whether to use threads or not (if there are too many
shared queues, I won't, simply to keep the chance of errors down).

I will probably make a library like the panel_applet lib, that
encapsulates the corba calls.

Also I will try the method of creating .REQ files somewhere, that we
discussed some time back, to ensure requests survice a gpilotd kill.

Should I do it all down in drafts/idl, or a seperate branch, or just in
the current source dir ?

And I hope to look at it this weekend.

eskil