Re: gpilotd questions...

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, Manish Vachharajani wrote:

I concur reg. using a random number for SyncId (currently I've been using
the last two bytes of the hosts IP, since this also allows some id of the
machine, don't know if that seems useful to anybody then me).

> Eskil is currently working on the corba stuff in a separate branch.  I
> cannot remember the branch tag off hand.  I have been giving some of the

The branch tag is gnome-pilot-corba, and it's actually almost usefull now
(only file install currently implemented) with working callbacks etc. I've
begun implementing the set/get user info calls, may have them working this
weekend, otherwise hopefully during next week.

I'm also encapsulating the corba calls into a lib, like libpanel_applet.

> > 3) Also, I'd like to allow people to configure their conduits in the
> > configuration tool.  The run_configuration_manager call that each
> some directory.  Note that if you write a conduit config tool, please make
> it extensible to support more than one pilot per user.  The common config
> sections in the various conduits could be implemented as a widget that we
> add to a library so every conduit has a similar look and feel.

Currently, eg. the memoconduit's deprecated run_config call launches
memo-conduit-properties with the pilot id as first argument. What we all
probably want, is a capplet for each conduit. The user should then be
presented with all the installed conduits, and each conduit should have a
radiobutton for one of the 4 sync methods (and a off option of course).

And in addition to this, any conduit specific config options ofcourse.
Currently, only the memoconduit has any settings.

eskil