gpilotd questions...

(hopefully this email will reach the mailing list ok...)

I'm working on improving the gpilotd capplet before trying my hand at
conduit writing.  I had a couple of questions about gpilotd.

1) It appears that giplotd will default the SyncPCid to 0 if it
doesn't exist already.  This seems sort of unfortunate, as it seems
that a random number would be more useful.  The Windows PilotSync
program seems to do this, although it's range of number seem to be
somewhat restricted (to less then 0xffff, with 3 data points.)  Would
anyone mind if I changed this to be more Random?  Does anyone else
have any information?

2) I would like to write a little wizard-style configurator for the
pilot.  To do this, I'd like to use the [g/s]et_user_info calls to
gpilotd.  A quick look in gnome-pilot/drafts/idl/orbit-daemon-glue.c
shows that the CORBA interface is quite a bit lacking.  Is this being
actively developed?  Will this be the correct mechanism in the future?

3) Also, I'd like to allow people to configure their conduits in the
configuration tool.  The run_configuration_manager call that each
conduit (might?) add should be sufficient for this, but just because
I'm curious, what needs configuring?  The windows version lets you set
four things: (Sycronize, Desktop overwrites Pilot, Pilot overwrites
Desktop, and disabled).  Is other info needed?

Thanks in advance,
-Jonathan