Re: Corba-izing gnome-pilot

> Ok, I added the stuff so conduits can get the CORBA_ORB structure.  Could
> someone see if I did this properly.  Is there any need to make a pointer
> per db info structure for this??  If not then we should remove the
> requirement of passing a dbi pointer to the function I added.  Let me know
> about this and I will fix up any problems.

We do actually have a problem here, that needs dealing with.
Unfortunately, we are forking with each sync.  That's Ok for most
things, but will confuse the heck out of ORBIT.  We need to actually
do a CORBA_ORB_shutdown of the old ORB, (and hope that it works) and
create a new one.  This is really a pain, given the way we are
currently initializing ORBit.  This segue nicely into my second
point:

I would like to change our ORB handling to use gnome_CORBA_init, b/c
we need to do that in order to use the name server.  The problem with
this (and the reason, as I understand it) is that it'll require us to
link to every library under the sun.  In the future, libgnorba won't
(shouldn't!!!!) have these dependencies, as the main-loop stuff is
being moved to glib.  For now, my version of gpilotd uses this, and it
will be the Right-Thing-To-Do (TM).  Would anyone mind if I checked it
in on Monday?

> Also, does anyone know how to remove the CORBA stuff from the ~/.gnome dir
> if I control-C gpilotd so I can run it again without hand editing the IOR
> stuff?

We should prolly just add some signal handlers to clean up after
ourselves... I don't think too much else is required.  This is
actually something I'd like to do with gnorba anyway, to avoid setting
a lock file.

-Jonathan