Re: Introductions

> I personally don't like to much magic in the spec-files themselves. I
> prefere a simple %configure %make %makeinstall
> Whenever you want to build with certain requirements you can use the
> approptiate rpmmacros file.

The problem is where distros (such as SuSE) install GNOME in it's own
prefix, rather than /usr - rpmmacros will specify %{_prefix} as /usr
because generally that is correct, but for GNOME apps & libs you want it
to be /opt/gnome.  I think this is for adherence with the FHS, but I
need to double-check that.  But anyway, was just a thought :)

James Ogley james usr-local-bin org
GNOME for SuSE: http://usr-local-bin.org/rpms