Re: tinderboxing stuff

For those of you missing context, James is hosting a microtinder on a
Debian Alpha box and a Solaris 9 box (with 16 very slow processors. ;)

On 8/12/05, jamesa daa com au <jamesa daa com au> wrote:
> Ok, here's a list of broken things I've found while using microtinder
> <http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/gnometinderbox/>:
>
> missing dependencies in jhbuild:
> - opencdk depends on libgcrypt.
> - gnome-doc-utils depends on intltool.
> Both of these have been fixed in cvs thanks to Davyd Madeley.

Cool.

> Build fixes:
> - Solaris uses sys/sockio.h instead of linux/socket.h
> http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/gnometinderbox/patches/orbit-solaris.patch

You said Davyd committed this one, right? Or at least filed it?

> - fontconfig needs to be told to use the gnu iconv if glib is using it (I
> have  --with-libiconv=gnu in my autogenargs)
> http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/gnometinderbox/patches/

Blah. Should that be filed upstream?

> - pango has an example cairosimple that is missing ldflags or something
> (also commented out)
> http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/gnometinderbox/mudhead-200508130233/pango.html#build

Bug filed? The pango/glib/gtk guys have been really good about dealing
with this sort of thing lately.

> - gtk needs some autofoo to deal with having Xft in the prefix while
> having the standard X libs/headers in the system locations (needs a fix)
> http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/gnometinderbox/mudhead-200508130502/gtk+.html#build

Bug filed?

> I think that's all the things I've done to the vanilla source.

And has that gotten it going, or have you just stalled out?

thanks, James-
Luis