Re: Bug in freetype dependancy for pango.spec?

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 20:16, Zach Frey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using RH7.0 + Ximian GNOME, and trying to install the latest packaging
> team RPMs.
>
> In trying to install pango-devel, I get a failed dependancy on
> freetype-devel >= 2.0.1.
> However, Freetype 2 is packaged (at least by Ximian) as freetype2-devel,
> so the
> check fails.
>
> Bug or feature?

Feature.  IMNSHO, renaming packages with the version number embeded in
the name of the package is stupid, and should be avoided wherever
possible.  Especially when things are packaged properly, and don't have
any conflicting files.  If you're on Red Hat 7.0, you can download my
freetype RPMs from ftp.linux.org.uk[1].  If you're on a newer Red Hat,
you don't need a newer freetype.
	Greg

[1] ftp://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/plain-GNOME/RedHat-7x/RPMS/i386/extras/
--
Portland, Oregon, USA.