Re: SPEC file for pkgconfig

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 13:44, Chris Chabot wrote:
> Since the configure and make install lines are very much default (no
> extra / different flags), you don't have to spell them out in the .spec
> file.

> %configure
> %makeinstall
These default macros may cause some trouble. At my system %configure
ALWAYS produces a libtool failure. I had to hack it to solve that
problem. And I believe thats not a good way. So I spelled them out full.
> strip
> $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix}/bin/*

This could be a nice improvment.

What should "Vendor:" be? GNOME, GNOME2 or just empty?

How can I upload RPMS for my distribution (suse) on the GNOME ftp
server?

Bye!
Sebastian