Re: Build order

Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> Ok, ok, don't rub it in.  Here's what I wrote up.  :)

I think you should include non-GNOME software which is required by some of
the tarballs. Like Berkeley DB, graphics libraries and gettext.

> First build
> ===========
> glib
>
> batch1
> =============
> libxml

You can move this to First build, since libxml doesn't depend on anything.
libxml2 requires readline.

> ORBit
> gtk+
> audiofile

audiofile also doesn't depend on anything.

> batch3
> ===========
> gnome-libs requires gtk+ imlib

also ORBit

> batch6
> ===========

> gnome-print requires gnome-libs gdk-pixuf ORBit gtk+ libxml

Version 0.28 (that's the latest, I think) doesn't require ORBit. Whether
it requires gtk+ is questionable. There are some GTK based test programs,
but they are not installed by default. And it requires gdk-pixbuf, which
in turn requires gtk+. But I think there is no single GTK (or GDK) API
call in objects which get installed.

Sorry, I don't know the requirements for most of the sources, because I
still haven't built reasonably new versions.

--
 .-.   .-.    Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.