Re: next draft of rpm guidelines are here

On 02 May 2001 20:05:47 -0400, Dean Scott wrote:
> Hi guys! I've joined the list and would like to help you guys out with
> packaging GNOME. I've been doing a lot of packaging for a custom RPM
> distro lately and would like to help out wherever I can. Onto the
> comments ..

Woohoo, more help!  :-)

> In case you haven't caught it already, there's a typo in the BuildRoot
> (tmppath not tmmpath). Also, most spec files i've seen pass the rpm

Thanks, I fixed that one.

> flags when configure is run, not when make is run (I dont suppose it
> makes a difference, however this is how the %configure macro does it
> also). Overall I'd say it looks great though

I'm not sure what you're talking about here.  Flags are passed at
./configure time, -and- at make install time, because they're required
both times.  Or are you talking about CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS?  I thought those
needed to be passed both at configure and make time, and it seems that
I've forgotten to add them to the configure step.  Let me know if I've
missed something.
    Greg

--
Troll, troll, troll your post