Re: here i come !

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 04:45, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Bastien Nocera">
<snip>
> > * Easy "sharing" setup: ssh, samba, appletalk, http, and ftp. All
> > optional, all already configured with nice defaults, and a simple GUI
> > that says "Click here to start sharing". (yeah, just like MacOS X) This
> > is a week-end's work with the Debian infrastructure.
> > That's something that's very easy to do, and it would definetely give us
> > an edge.
>
> User-defined sharing is hard. Got any cool ideas on that?

User-defined sharing is hard, but most people need something simple :)
Just share ~/Public (everything but http) and ~/Sites (http) and some
system-wide share akin (/System/Sites and /System/Public or some such),
and you're done.

Point the user to the docs in the help for the Sharing capplet if they
want more configuration. Apple has done that, I didn't see anyone
complaining ;)

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net