Re: Status + Future

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 00:31, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> So,
>
> Where are we at, what should we do? :-)

1) Look for potential caveats in the desktop

2) Write the code to sort it out

3) Try to get it integrated somewhere.

What I mean is that there is no need to rush build a server or that sort
of thing. There are plenty of smalls tasks that are easy to take on
one-by-one, and that make the whole project advance.

Here's a small list:
- Porting PGI to gnome2
- Network configuration tool
- Daemon replacing magicdev/magicplug (1 part system/1 part user inside
the Gnome session, system daemon creates "events" and use daemon
receives them and acts upon)
- Policies for new users (shall we create X/Y/Z directories in the
homedir? shall we add her to the sudoers? etc.)
- Nice default configurations for Apache, Samba (and ssh?)
etc.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net