Re: New gnome-sdk images with gnome-builder app bundle

Hey,

I tried (again) to play with the building part of this. I still found
it somewhat hard to get going. Here are some notes of the things I ran
into:

One problem I hit early on: I had xdg-app+ostree built by jhbuild, so
I ran it inside a jhbuild shell. This was giving me PKG_CONFIG_PATH
with /usr/lib64, causing glib includes to be messed up. Solution: just
add ~/gnome/bin to PATH, which is enough for xdg-app to run.

Next problem: everything has problematic deps:
- I tried gnome-calculator, which needs gtksourceview, and
gtksourceview master depends on bleeding edge glib
- Then I tried gnome-characters, but that depends on libunistring
- Then I tried gnome-taquin, but that depends on libcanberra, which
failed to build with some libsystemd linking problem

I switched to playing with srpms, and started over with gnome-calculator.

- I needed some tweaks to the gtksourceview spec to make it install on
the Sdk - drop libxml2-devel dep (not in rpmdb ?), drop glade-devel
dep, adjust file list accordingly - easy enough.
- Of course, rpmbuild --rebuild just gives me an rpm that is
installing into /self, it does not actually populate the build
directory. I had to manually install the gtksourceview3 rpm before I
could build the gnome-calculator srpm.

After I installed that, I had the build directory populated with what
looks like the gnome-calculator app.
But what now ? There are still a few steps missing:
- The directory structure does not quite match what I see in the apps
in the repo.
How do I convert the build dir into such an app ?
How do I extract the exported files ?
Add more metadata ?
Import into an ostree repo, publish ?
I guess I can't use the resulting rpm as-is to install the app (since
it has a prefix of /self)