feature request: gnome-panel applets

Hi there,

I am currently using gnome-flashback and have a feature request.

I would like to request that the gnome notification area (or systray as
some call it) have the programs that are there sorted in alphabetical
order. Instead of the order of when they were opened.

Currently this feature is in the XFCE environment and I would love it
to be brought over to gnome-flashback.

Also, the icons in the notification area would be more appealing if
they were padded. So if the panel was say, 26 pixels the icons in the
notification area would be 22 or 24. I believe this is a feature that
has been brought to the Ubuntu Desktop, in fact; all of the icons in
the panel seem to be padded in this fashion. I am using Arch linux and
this feature just isn't there. These issues, I suspect will be on other
distributions. Ubuntu has it, why not have every distribution have a
"sleeker" looking panel.

I looked on the gnome.org website to see if I could maybe contact one
of the developers, but could not figure that out or find a link or
email. So I am trying here. If I have mailed the wrong address; would
you please help me by helping me get this message to the right place?

Thanks,

--G