Re: Application bundles in Gnome OS

Hey Alex,

A lot of this mounting and loopback seems a bit like hard work - is there anything preventing something like the Application Directory idea that was used in RiscOS and I think still used in ROX?

The situation would be where you have a gnome Applications directory that is treated in such a way that a subdirectory '!MyApp' is presented as MyApp - such that the pling is hidden - with an icon !MyApp/MyApp.svg shown instead of the standard folder picture and double clicking it launches !MyApp/!Run. Under the !MyApp directory could be all the relevant libraries that aren't part of GnomeCore and resources.

I only suggest this to increase the openness of the system - imagine a curious developer diving into the code by just opening !MyApp (the RiscOS way was to hold shift and double-click) and looking at the structure, resources, Python scripts etc.

Just an idea if the goal is to make a fresh break from the status quo for Gnome apps.

Regards,
Nick