Re: libgnomeoffice* plugin management

Sven Herzberg <herzi gnome-de org> writes:

> Am Mittwoch, den 12.01.2005, 19:15 -0500 schrieb David Malcolm:
>> I've reorganised Conglomerate's plugin API to correspond closely to the
>> one used in libgnomeoffice, but we don't actually use it yet.  I plan to
>> do so once libgnomeoffice is readily available in the popular
>> distributions.
>
>   Well, in my opinion we should just specify a date from which on
> applications should hard depend (read: don't configure without) such a
> plugin system. So basically we can try to get this system into our
> applications around the same time, so distributions who want to ship
> e.g. Gnumeric need to ship such a plugin system which the other apps
> depend on too. (I, personally, won't ship a library in a distribution
> until it's used.)

Note that Debian is different there; as long there is a developer
willing to package some library, it will be done -- this makes Debian
an excellent development platform, since a lot of development
libraries are packaged.

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty ICQ      | 118634484 ICQ | a rottmann gmx at

The best way to accelerate a Windows machine is at 9.81 m/s^2