Re: The next Gnome Office release.

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 13:14 +1000, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
>          GNOME-2.6 is about to be released. After our initial
> Gnome-Office-1.0 release we decided it would be a good idea to
> have the next Gnome-Office release follow the GNOME-2.6 release
> relatively soon.

The time-based release schedule would be a good thing but is probably
too difficult to adhere to unless there is a dramatic increase in the
number of contributors to GNOME Office.  Still, I guess there's no harm
in trying. ;)

> Also I beleive the next Gnumeric release will feature a Win32 port. Does
> it make sense to package up a Gnome-Office for Windows (at least
> AbiWord-2.2 plus Gnumeric-x) binary? If people are happy here are happy
> with this idea I'll cajole the AbiWord windows packager(s) to work on
> this.

Is GNOME-DB planning to ever be ported to Windows?  It would be nice for
GO to be the same on all supported platforms.  Is that realistic?

> What number should call this release? My personal vote is to call it
> Gnome-Office-1.2.

I think 1.x versioning is sensible until more projects officially become
part of GNOME Office.  That is merely my humble opinion though. ;)
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
Online @ http://www.charlietech.com