Re: Privacy

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 02:33:01PM -0500, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> How do I enable the flexiserver thingie?

Fortunately the redhatians only remove the menuitems.  So just add an icon
that calls 'gdmflexiserver'.  In older versions that will always start a new
server (though I think the 2.4 version (or maybe even the 2.2 version)
should then allow you to go back to your session by logging in and then
gdm notices you are already logged in, though that way you have to type your
password twice), in 2.6 this will also first check running sessions and
present you with a dialog.  I may be getting my versions wrong so things may
have appeared at different versions then I stated above.  Try
'gdmflexiserver' and see what it does :)

If you have Xnest installed you can even do a nested login with
'gdmflexiserver -n', though that's not of such great use.  Though if you
run xdmcp and allow indirect queries (the chooser stuff), then you can run
'gdmXnestchooser' which actually is useful.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   - I'm getting better!