Re: [Inkscape-devel] Joining GNOME Office

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 20:29 -0500, MenTaLguY wrote:

> > this is already available in libgda in the form of transactions. A XML
> > provider (= plugin) could be implemented, and have it implement the
> > transactions internally.
>
> It sounds like we'd need a very specialized provider; unless I
> misunderstand, most existing providers would not give you multiple
> levels of "undo", or in general the ability to reverse (and replay) an
> already comitted transaction.

it depends on the provider. Some RDBMS allow nested transactions, so you
can commit and rollback transactions inside transactions. Some libgda
providers simulate this in some way, and could be extended to simulate
it better, but I guess you'll still probably want your specialized
transaction manager. Not sure though.

cheers