Re: GRAND MASTER PLAN

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:32:44AM -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> [re: reporting]
>
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 10:57:05AM -0500, Jody Goldberg was heard to remark:
> >
> > Sounds like what you really need is a way to generate an abi
> > document that contains a spreadsheet and a way to print the result.
>
> Its not really a spreasheet.  The bill might be itemized, and a table
> would be needed for that, but it really is abi and not gnumeric that is
> best suited for this type of a report.

sounds reasonable.  While gnumeric could do it, abi is certainly far
better at tweaking the layout.

> Speaking of which, is there an example of how a programmer (in C or
> scheme) can create a gnumeric spreadshhet & put data into it?  I'm
> not sure I've ever seen such a thing.

Depends on what you're trying to do.  Simple export is problably
best done by generating the xml directly.  No need to link to
gnumeric at all.  Alternatively there are things like
pworkbook, or jworkbook to provide a comfier api via python or java

http://www.earthenware-services.org/earthenwarewiki/