Re: Gnome Office, Bonobo and other apps

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 16:08, Jean Bréfort wrote:

> I have started developing applications related to chemistry (GChemPaint
> and Gnome Crystal) some years ago, using the gtk+ and gnome libs with
> the hope I'll be able one day to incorporate data inside Abiword and
> other gnome apps using Bonobo.
> I could do it in gnumeric-1.0 (but the data were not saved) but never in
> abiword, which would be much more interesting.
> I'd like to know if there are plans to use Bonobo embedding (may be I
> can help).

Jean,

This sounds interesting. We'd love to have equations as well :-)

BTW, AbiWord does not support embedding yet. One of the major issue is
that we want to make cross-platform foundations for embedding to keep
documents portable, and on top of that provide binging to Bonobo,
KParts, OLE or whatever is en vogue on the platform. We also wants to
make sure the document can be viewed without the application that made
the object. For that we need the application to be able to provide a SVG
view of the embedded object... Problem: we don't support SVG yet.

All in all, there is a lot of work. Help is welcome.

Any more info on your tools ?

Hub