Re: GRAND MASTER PLAN
- From: Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
- To: Linas Vepstas <linas linas org>
- Cc: Dru <andru treshna com>, gnome-db-list gnome org, gnucash-devel gnucash org, Gnome Office <gnome-office-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GRAND MASTER PLAN
- Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 16:29:08 +0000
You just correctly described libgda, except libgda doesn't require you
to be using C.
On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 15:53, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> Yes. Although I already have a problem with terminology.
> "database" is the wrong word, as it implies sql. Its broader
> than that. I want two abilities:
> 1) the ability to take data, be it from sql, an xml file, or
> something ephemeral that came over a socket, and convert
> it into a set of C-language objects that can be manipulated
> and searched and operated on. (Note that a possible data
> source is a gtkentry widget...)
> 2) the ability to suck data out of the c-language objects, and
> shove that data back to an sql database, or to an xml file
> or to a socket, or into a gtk widget (for display) or into
> an abiword document (for display).
Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
Online @ http://www.charlietech.com
] [Thread Prev