Re: [gnome-db] Re: Dynamic data queries
- From: Laurent Sansonetti <lrz gnome org>
- To: Dru <andru treshna com>
- Cc: Linas Vepstas <linas linas org>, Andrew Hill <dru treshna com>, Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>, gnome-db-list gnome org, gnome-office-list gnome org, gnucash-devel gnucash org, Tim Lord <timl treshna com>
- Subject: Re: [gnome-db] Re: Dynamic data queries
- Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:34:47 +0000
On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 15:04, Dru wrote:
> Heres the gnome projects and some negitive comments
> gnomedb - gnome's approach, a nice db wrapper and widget wrapper. Though
> lacking in the bits in the middle. You can code large db apps with it
> but it involves repetitive work.
I agree that GNOME-DB needs more work, but the advantage is that you can
choose your favorite programming language for the development.
OK, all programming languages are not yet covered, but Ruby bindings are
almost complete, and using such a language you can do real development,
avoid code redundancy and produce maintainable software without any
Of course, you can replace "Ruby" by "Your favorite language which
# GNOME-DB isn't C only!
] [Thread Prev