Re: Mandrake (was Re: Next GNOME-Office release.)

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:

> Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 13:29:08 +1000 (EST)
> From: msevior physics unimelb edu au
> To: Mark Gilbert <markgilbert hotpop com>
> Cc: Martin Sevior <msevior physics unimelb edu au>,
>      gnome-office-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: Mandrake (was Re: Next GNOME-Office release.)
>
> > On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 07:06, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
> >> For example Mandrake doesn't even include us in their mainline distro.
> >> If
> >> you can convince them to distribute us I would be very grateful.
> >
> > With all due respect, you need to do some better fact-checking, please.
> >

> Great! When did they start shipping us?

I have Mandrake and Abiword but I think I had to choose to install
additional Gnome software to get it.  It is not that they stopped
including Abiword just that they didn't include it by default.

I think there is room for both Abiword and OpenOffice, I always install
both.  I wonder what it would take to convince Mandrake to include us by
default?  (I should double check this but) Not having a small fast and
light application like abiword included with Mandrake Move (their Live CD
version) is suprising.

- Alan