Re: [Inkscape-devel] Joining GNOME Office

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 00:02, David Bolack wrote:
>   And as important as working with the rest of open source is, it's also
> important to be reasonably compatible with major closed source apps. So if,
> for example, Illustrator creates slightly broken SVG's (I'm not picking on
> Illustrator, I'm not entirely sure it will export them, even.) you need to
> be able to cope with that somehow.

Just a note on this particular example:

Surely it would be wiser to create a filter that converts the broken SVG
into valid SVG.  There really shouldn't be any cases where this would
cause a loss of information, unless it's having another document type
embedded in the SVG (but that's plain silly).
--
- Charlie

The future of the net - www.xwt.org

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>