Re: Usage of the Gnome Logo for Gnome Office

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 21:33, Tim Ney, GNOME Foundation wrote:
> The reversed version seems odd.  TigerT looked at the logos
> and made a suggestion

Tuomas,

Could you look at the proposed new site design:
http://www.charlietech.com/goffice

My issue with your suggestion of the 'colour the toes only' is it is
debatable whether there is enough difference between that and the GNOME
logo when it comes to low-or-no-colour circumstances.

Having the two feet makes it quite different although I dropped the idea
of the feet being the G and O since it just didn't work. ;)

Luke Stroven made an interesting improvement on the GO feet idea:
http://gnomedesktop.org/files/go.png
http://gnomedesktop.org/files/go2.png

Here's his implementation of your suggestion:
http://gnomedesktop.org/files/gnomeoffice.png

Coincidentally that was the first logo offering a few weeks back.

(SVGs are same urls with .svg instead of .png)

Any ideas / opinions welcomed since the logo is something we're not sure
on how to approach and, other than perhaps Ryan Pavlik [1], none of us
are really overly artistic.

On a more optimistically hopeful note, any contribution would be
gleefully welcomed.  I'll pass up the temptation to grovel.  You just
have the reputation that demands admiration. ;)

[1] http://www.ryand.net/oss/abi/
--
- Charlie

The future of the net - www.xwt.org