Re: design update

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:19:25 +0000, "Charles Goodwin" <charlie xwt org>
said:
> I think it's getting close to utopia, but that's me judging my own
> work...
>
> http://www.charlietech.com/goffice/

A couple thoughts:

1. I like the mouseover effect for Abiword, Gnumeric, etc. It helps to
clearly show that it is a contained section. I don't like it for the
initial Gnome Office section. That section is already clearly marked by
the blue "GO 1.0 Released" section. Changing its background color when
the mouse hovers over it seems redundant (and to me is distracting).

2. I've heard some complaints about the color of the yellow background
for the headings in the sidebar. I don't mind the color as much, but it
is taken from the MS Office (office.microsoft.com) site. Are there
copyright issues here? It seems to me that there are. Parody of their
work is one thing. Using their designs to "sell" our own work is another.

3. All the project icons look like Abi the Ant ;-)

Very good work. The possible copyright violation is the biggest issue I'm
raising.

andy

--
Andy Korvemaker