Re: GO logo

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 01:07, Alan Horkan wrote:
> Dia runs on windows too but development is slow and there isn't huge
> potential for integration.
>
> (Cut and paste text and raster graphics probably.  if gnumeric could
> output graphs as SVG and Dia didn't have such crappy SVG support maybe?
> possibly use of libgsf but that would take a bit of development.)

Well this is exactly what GO needs to be, a forum for sharing features
and development.  We already have an excellent collection of
Gnome-and-Gtk-oriented products.  What needs to be done now is to align
them in ways that benefit each individual project, in order to turn this
collection into a coherent suite.

A naive example would be looking at Dia (slow progress) and the Dia
developers seeing how it might be benefited by combining with some
aspects of Inkscape.  I say naive because, in this example, I believe
Dia is C-based and Inkscape is written in C++.

Regardless, the whole is always greater than the sum of the parts.
--
- Charlie

The future of the net - www.xwt.org

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>