Re: libgnomeoffice* status

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 10:44, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

[snip]

> > (iii)  Should I add the gnome-office module as an external dependency,
> > or should I create a cut-n-paste code subdirectory within my source
> > tree, and synchronise on a regular basis?
> >
> I guess the best thing is for all GO apps to depend on it externally.

Yes, but at the moment, are there tarballs I can tell my users to go and
download, with some kind of ABI guarantee?

If the lib is still changing a lot it seems wiser for now to do a
libegg-style approach and have a local copy inside my app's source tree,
and to declare the ABI as stable at some point when we make it external.

Currently I have no external dependencies apart from ones that come as
standard with Gnome 2.0, and I want to minimise the pain of adding new
ones.

Dave