Re: Making Conglomerate part of Gnome Office

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 05:07, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 01:01:34PM +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
> > Those are nice! AbiWord has something similar already for the last one.
> > But this does raise the issue of libgoffice for shared stuff which was
> > something we planned to look at post GNOME-Office-1.0. There are various
> > bits I'd like to see from Gnumeric in there (the code for shading cells
> > in particular). AbiWord has an uber cool insert table widget which might
> > be useful for Conglomerate, Mergeant and Evolution. Plus Dom will
> > shortly start on his generic grammar/auto-completion/auto-correction
> > framework which would useful to Conglomerate.
> >
> > GTK-MathView have also just announced a MATHML bonobo widget which would
> > be useful to AbiWord and maybe Conglomerate.
> >
> > I guess we should look at putting this library together somehow.
>
> It will probably take until the end of the month for the dust to
> settle on Gnumeric'a 1.2.x tree before we branch.  As soon as that
> happens the first order of bussiness will be pulling out the nascent
> library and as much of gnumeric's inards as it requires.

yes, gnome-db is getting a few bug reports and fixes. So, what about
rolling out a GO 1.0.1 revision at the end of the month?

>     7) gnomeprint
> 	This one is shaping up to be _the_ piece of the gnome office
> 	platformat that needs love.  Its effectively unmaintained.
> 	Its api is not optimal, and we all need it.

hmm, then I suppose this is not only a GO problem, but a GNOME-wide
problem. I think we should maybe raise the issue in desktop-devel-list,
and see if it can be fixed.

cheers