Re: [G2R] Revised list: fifth toe, office, developer carpetbag

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:08:20AM +0100, Caol?n McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 05:08:38PM -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 11:19:52AM -0500, Jamin Philip Gray wrote:
> > > libole2 (libgsf?)
> >
> > This seems as good a time as any to announce that libole2 is now
> > orphaned.  The next development release of gnumeric will rely on
> > libgsf as its replacement with the hope that abiword will follow
> > fairly quickly.
>
> Does this library support *writing* ole2 storages ?

Yes, of course.  One of the main reasons I wrote it was to remove
the 6.8Meg limit on the files created by libole2.  LibGsf correctly
handles meta-BATs (I hope).  The main limitation is that it it does
not support adding a stream to and existing file, you need to write
the entire file everytime.  However, but it does support large and
small blocks fully (even if the block sizes are non-standard).  It
should even be able to handle some of the common naming problems,
and support utf8 file names.