Re: GNOME Office, RC1

sön 2002-04-21 klockan 14.32 skrev Rui Miguel Silva Seabra:
> Hello,

Hi!

>   I've been talking with Kenneth, and so I'm opening this thread since
> he's having some hardware problems.
>   We think that GNOME Office should have a Release Candidate 1 out asap.
>
> Picking from Jody's list:
>
> Definite Apps
>  * Abiword    - Just about 1.0 absolute must
>  * Gnumeric   - 1.0 absolute must
>  * MrProject  - ToutDoux's website says that it's development is
>                 on hold for a year.  Until Sept 2002 ?  MrProject
>                 has made clear request to be included and would like
>                 to share code.  This choice seems very clear.  Speak
>                 now or hold your piece.
>
>      The last version I checked out was at redhat rawhide.
>      It's very cool, and great, but still has some problems, maybe for
>      RC2? It's possible that the problem with the version I tried are
>      all gone, I have to check before making a full opinion of the
>      presence of this package at least in RC1. The problem is: its'
>      evident it doesn't yet (remember, the version I tried) have the
>      level of stability those other definitive apps have.

I agree with you that it's best to not ship MrProject in the first
release of GNOME Office (if that is what you said, at least I thought
this discussion was about MrProject?).

The version we'd like to have in GNOME Office is our current GNOME 2.0
version (sometime in the future). The GNOME 1.0 version is pretty
limited and is not on the same level of stability and functionality as
Gnumeric and Abiword.

So to sum up, I agree that MrProject can be added on later and we
(mrproject team) won't object if it's not included in the first release
of GNOME Office.

Thanks,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/