Re: What goes in gnome office ?

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 17:31, Martin Sevior wrote:
> I read the discussion about the general escher drawing layer. I can't help
> but think it would be too much overhead for many apps. Not just in the
> sense of being big and slow but also in the sense of taking too long to
> get right. The next itteration of abiword will add lots of high level
> features that do not need anything as sophisticated as an escher drawing
> layer. I would hate to see us delayed by diverting resources to build that
> or worse being delayed while some high level feature we would never used
> is implemented.

I'm not so sure about that.

We could then have svg graphics as default (even if we'd have to stick a
bitmap on an svg) image rendered all completely mixed up with the font
renderer. Other stuff too, like embedded apps that would use a renderer,
could be joined into a much lighter and integrated office suite.

hugs, rui

+ So let's do it...?