Re: What goes in gnome office?

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 09:12:39AM -0700, Charles Kerr wrote:

> At the risk of tooting my own horn, I think the newsreader Pan should
> be considered for inclusion to balance against the features of Outlook,
> which provides a newsreader.

While I love Pan, my preference would be to see that in a Networking
package.  The danger of massive collections of apps in 1 pacakge is
that making a release is hard.  Poor kmarass suffers trying to get
gnome-1.4 out the door, and while gnome-2.0 is now moving along
nicely, it has not exactly leapt onto the servers painlessly.

My opinion is that as a starting point GNOME Office should be like
the apps it contains, small and functional.  If we start gloming on
all of the high quality apps in the community the inertia will kill
us.