Re: GUADEC Results

> Yep, zooming is complicated. I'm guessing there's a 90% chance the
> canvas item will require some additions to gtktextlayout.[hc], which
> means that trying to get the item working (at least in non-editable
> mode) in the next month or two would be a very good idea.

Yeah, gtktextlayout.c looks good for all of the layout stuff minus
zooming. I'll try to get cracking on this soon.

> There may even be a need for Pango mods, though maybe not.

What gives you this impression?

> I'd also note that a simple PangoLayout editor probably isn't that
> hard to write, on the order of GtkEntry/GtkLabel complexity. So if you
> just want a couple of paragraphs of text, that's another potential way
> to address this problem.

This would probably be sufficient for Achtung, which does its own
layout. There's not a whole lot of point of embedding an image in the text
for us, but the rich text support is important. But I would hate to see
someone rewriting GtkTextLayout with zooming support several months down
the line after GTK has been released if there is sufficient interest in
adding that support presently. Guys?

I'm not too familiar with the PangoLayout stuff; I'll take a look at it
later tonight. Is rich-text support a fairly easy thing to do with it?

Joe