Re: Unsubscribing

Hi Sander,

	If it makes it any better, I appreciate Sun's contribtion to free
software immensely, and when we merge our component models some more and I
get a connection that allows me to build OO, I would love to contribute to
OO.

	I would happily do so by assigning copyright to Sun, since they
are, and will probably always be the main contributors and because it is
the polite and decent thing to do. I have done the same for my xpdf
hacking, assigned copyright to the FSF for gcc, etc. etc.

	I have come to believe ( having had this argument in detail
several times, with many people ) that the majority of people who oppose
copyright assignment do not understand the issues at all, and think that
they are somehow 'striking a blow' for freedom by not wanting to listen to
the explanation.

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Sander Vesik wrote:
> The list seems to contain nothing but talk of how evil is non-pure-GPL
> licenced code. As it seems to not contain any content beyond
> religious/political discussions, I'm unsubscribing.
>
> Truly pointless list.

	So it might appear,

	Regards,

		Michael.