Re: GNOME Office and OpenOffice (fwd)

> As it has been stated above, if there is to be any code added from
Abiword to
> OpenOffice the copyright holders of that (Abi) code need to agree to have
their
> code dual licenced as well.
>
> With over 100 contributors it is not trivial to track down these coders
to gain
> their permission, and even if they can be tracked down, they may not
agree to
> granting additional rights to Sun Microsystems.  We then have the
situation
> where the best *technical* decisions may be obstructed by licencing
issues.

If all these 100+ contributors had transferred copyrigth to a single,
distinct person (i.e. "AbiWord Foundation") in the first place, this
would be no problem now. Just my little hint.

	Michael

--
I am speaking for myself, not for my employer.
Please do NOT direct any questions about OpenOffice/StarOffice