Re: [gnome-network]Remote Shell UI Mockup

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 05:19, Mason Kidd wrote:

> > > I like the idea, how do you think to do it? I think we could use the
> > > gnome-terminal tabs, when the user clicks on connect button, the new
> > > connection is opened in a new tab in the same gnome-terminal.
> > >
> > does gnome-terminal support that?
> It's suppose to.  You can pass it the '--tab' option, and it should open
> a new tab in the last opened window (that's what the parameter help
> says).  However, from what I tested, I can't get it to open a tab in an
> existing window, it always opens a new window.  Passing it multiple
> '--tab' options will open a single window with multiple tabs though.  I
> don't see any way of telling it to change focus to a certain tab though.

--tab seems to me, from what I understand, to open multiple tabs in a
new window, not to open a new tab on an existing window. There is
though, IIRC, a CORBA interface to the terminal, but it doesn't seem to
be available anymore.

> Also, I personally prefer this be an option, as I like to use multiple
> windows as opposed to a single window with tabs.  I would like having
> the UI stay open after opening the terminal though, and I tested it from
> Ulrich's patch, and it works well.

yes, works pretty well, and is now ready to add all the functionality we
talked about :-)

cheers